// February 1st, 2013 // // 2 Comments »Main dish
I don’t know why it took me so long to try making Spaghetti Carbonara, I guess I had such high expectations I was surprised it turned out so well and was so easy to make, and cheap as well for about 13€ for 4 very hearty meals.
And to this add from your pantry some spices: black pepper, oregano, thyme, salt
Now here is the recipe:
Very easy and tasty recipe for all pastafarian out there.
- 500 grams Spaghetti
- 300 grams Smoked Streaky Bacon
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 large Eggs
- Black pepper
- 200 grams Fresh Parmesan cheese
1. Dice the chicken fillets and cook in a frying pan with a bit of oil and some spices such as oregano and thyme. When done, set the chicken aside in a container.
2. Now time to prepare the bacon, dice finely and fry with a little oil for two minutes until the fat begins to melt, then add the cloves of garlic and cook for another 5 minutes. When the bacon starts to get crispy, lower the heat to minimum and mix in the chicken pieces.
3. Time to start cooking the spaghetti. Bring some water to the boil and stir in the pasta, cooking over moderate heat for about 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Let's prepare the egg mixture in the meantime. Break the eggs into a big bowl and beat them with a fork for about a minute. Grind pepper (to taste) and also a bit of salt.
5. When the pasta are cooked, drain them and transfer them immediately to the bowl with the eggs mixture stirring with a spatula. Then add the chicken and bacon pieces and sprinkle about half of the parmesan. The other half would be grated at the table when served.